Sunday, February 28, 2010

ASSORTED ITEMS

None of these events/thoughts deserves its own post, but together they are worthy.

  • Countdown to spring break. Two weeks until the break. It has been so snowy, cold, wet, and busy. I'm definitely ready to leave for a week. Granted I'm going to Utah, which will likely also be cold, snowy and wet, but when you add the Wasatch Mountains to that equation what was a negative becomes an extreme positive. I can't wait to get in some backcountry skiing.
  • Half marathon fast approaches. During the break I will be running a half marathon with my sister and uncle in Moab, UT. I've been training, but these next two weeks will be critical to success. Unfortunately this is also midterm season, so balancing the two will be interesting.
  • If you look back a few posts, you'll notice that I've upgraded my desk by adding a big new monitor. One of my favorite distractions from school work is to search for pictures of places I've been that would also make good desktop backgrounds. Below are some of the pictures I've found. I didn't take any of them (the only camera I own is attached to my phone), but I enjoy them nonetheless as they invoke memories of fun times hiking, camping, skiing, rappelling, climbing, etc.


view all pictures of this slideshow


(I don't know why it appears to be snowing in all of these pictures.)

2 comments:

Brea Didenhover Squires said...

maybe it's not snow, but splashes of light dancing on the pictures.

Gwen said...

Those pictures make me happy and sad. Happy because they look wonderful, sad because none of them are New Jersey, or anything like unto it.