Saturday, December 12, 2009

PAPER WRITING

Two posts in one day? What's going on? I have a paper to write, and so of course posting on this blog is an easy way to procrastinate and kill a few minutes. But, I am happy to report that the paper is moving along. I have 20 pages of paper to fill with information regarding voter turnout. I've written papers of this length before, but they are usually filled with research designs, experimental findings, and lots of tables and graphs. (Even academics have an affinity for pictures in their books and articles). However, this paper will contain none of those things. Thus, 20 pages seems particularly daunting this time around. So I am going to keep you (my 3 faithful readers) updated as to my progress. I'm going to update my google chat status with a completed pages/total pages as I go along as well as future posts on my blog. I have until January 12th to finish this behemoth, but I am hoping to get most of it done before the end of the month.

2.5/20

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I had exactly the same experience with a 20 page literature review in which we were not supposed to present a research design or original findings. It's a lot of text.

But it is possible. You'll make it!

Good luck.