Sunday, August 30, 2009

I LIVE IN A CASTLE, SORT OF


So my housing is definately a tale of two cities. Here is a view of the building from the outside. It is not at all an exageration to say that I live in a castle. The Graduate College is so beautiful. The tower, stained glass windows and gargoyles are definatly a change in scenery from my blue house on 560 North across from the gas station. However, do not let appearances decieve you.
Once you step inside you quickly realize why people no longer build castles to live in. They are dark, dank, and in this case, quite small inside. I was shocked to see the new size of my living quarters. It makes my University of Idaho dorm look palacial and the dorms at BYU look like they came from a page in Better Homes and Gardens.

To add to the humor of the situation, I've moved in early to start the math camp. Well, the cafeteria here doesn't open up until the fall semester starts, so I've got to provide for myself without a kitchen, or even so much as a sink in my room. Luckily, my parents have graciously provided a small fridge and microwave with which I will prepare my food for the next 2 weeks. I think I saw a show on the Food Network where a bunch of professional chefs had to prepare gourmet meals using only dorm room appliances. I should get that episode for a few tips. In the meantime, I suppose my ambition of hosting weekly swanky dinner parties is going to have to wait until my living situation improves dramatically.

2 comments:

Ash said...

Good luck at school!

Kaeli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.