Monday, November 23, 2009

HAPPY TO BE AVERAGE

This week is going to be fantastic. I'm leaving town today to enjoy an incredible and incredibly extended Thanksgiving weekend in Utah where I will see and enjoy friends, family, excellent food and skiing. And if that wasn't enough, I've started the week with great news. Here it is.

The past few weeks have been filled with midterm exams. I took three, and up until today, the two I had received back with grades were dismal. I'm talking about really bad scores that I've never seen before. I wouldn't be upset by a low score if the average was also low. Thank you to Dr. Jay Goodliffe at BYU for teaching me about classes with very low scores AND correspondingly low averages. However, in both cases I was well below the average. So today I got my third midterm back. The verdict: perfectly average, perhaps even slightly above! I stress slightly though. That would be good news by itself, but to add to it, I discovered that on one of my other exams the professor missed an entire page of my exam. I showed this to her and she regraded it with an 11 point upgrade. Where did that bump me up to? THE AVERAGE! I've never been so happy to know that I was perfectly average. I figure in the company I spend most of the day with, average is pretty darn good, i.e. complements to my cohort because they are all incredibly intelligent.

But enough of the school junk. I'm out of here for the mountains!

No comments: