Saturday, November 14, 2009

THE LAST FEW WEEKS

A lot has gone on in the last few weeks. I've had a great time traveling around visiting friends and family. Unfortunately I don't have a lot (and by a lot I mean any) pictures of my latest activities; nevertheless, here's what's been going on.

1. Boston.
I traveled up to Boston for the biannual Mormon young single adults education conference. The conference theme was innovating ways to share the gospel. The keynote speakers were Elder Ballard (Quorum of the 12 Apostles), David Neeleman (JetBlue CEO), and Clayton Christensen (Harvard Business School professor). The weekend was fantastic. In addition to the speakers, there was an incredible Halloween masquerade ball in the very classy Harvard Club. My friend Kaeli has an excellent description of the event with pictures to boot. Check it out here.

2. Spokane.
Leaving from Boston, I flew to Spokane to spend the week of fall break with my family. It was so nice to be home with my siblings and parents. My brother, his wife, and my sister Nicole drove up from Provo to be there for the weekend. We all came together to celebrate my sister Christie's upcoming wedding. Saturday morning Christie went to the temple for the first time and received her Endowment. (For an explanation of Mormon temples and temple ordinances, go here). That night was her wedding shower. I did not attend, nor was I invited, but my brother and I did send a very matronly looking pair of shorts along as a gift.

3. Philadelphia.
After getting back from Spokane I traveled a few miles down the road to Philadelphia. Several of my friends from BYU were in town to attend a Public Health conference. It was great to see familiar faces and to spend a great evening talking about our plans for the future. Its fun to see all of us begin to focus in on our lives and careers whereas as undergraduates we were so lost as to where we would be in even 5 years.


In between each of these trips was plenty of school, including several midterms. I'll spare you the self loathing; suffice it to say that exams are much more difficult here than at BYU. Luckily, I don't have to go through that again until mid-January. Anyway, things are pretty much back to their regular routine, but I'm anxiously looking forward to going to SLC for the week of Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

haha your present at the shower was PRICELESS! And defiantly appreciated by Christie. I am sure she will be wearing those very often.